Sunday, July 31, 2011

House Music – The Beggining


A lot of people say “Money makes the world go round”. For me it goes like this, Music makes the world go round. And round and round and round….No matter what kind of music you listen, it’s fair to admit that  all the feelings that come up on listening to music it is something you can’t compare with. Throughout every single moment of our life we have been always accompanied with music. Every emotion we ever felt, good or bad, and every period of our life is paired with one song. This way myself, I have combined my last teens with House Music. Lot of it!
Let’s see how it all began. House music has its origins from Chicago  where it started in the early 1980s and then spread throughout all United States. It wasn’t till the early mid-1990s that came to Europe with London clubs leading the way. Since then it has influenced and inspired millions of people across the world.
House music took its name from Chicago’s club “The Warehouse”. It is today most famous for being what many consider to be the birthplace and heart of "house music". Its first musical director, DJ Frankie Knuckles was first to mix disco music with European electronic music.
Along with the evolution of house music came and its different kinds. Nowadays we can divide it in many sub-categories as acid house, techno, deep house, progressive house, electro , trance, disco house and many others.
My favorite is progressive house which  I have spend wonderful times ,listening and dancing. Even now, when I’m driving in my MINI to work every morning and the radio puts on some old favorite progressive house “masterpiece” i turn on the volume with a wide smile on my face and that makes my day!     
To see what I mean , take a look in one of the first “house” mixes by Frankie Knuckles.Enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment